torsdag 2 december 2010

You have bewitched me, body and soul and I love.. I love.. I love you.

From Pride and Prejudice 2005, One of the most powerful declaration of love I have ever seen in a film.
Me and a friend recently made a top 20 favorite movies of all time and it was hard.. I needed 3 times more spots.
I think it's basically to hard when you love movies to narrow it down like that. So I'm gonna do top smaller lists with different genres instead. And start with Costume Dramas.
Which is according to me movies, romantic dramas that are set before the 1900's.

Gone with the Wind 1939
A classic of all measures. Seen it countless times and never get bored during these 3 hours 40 minutes.
Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable, Legends.

Pride and Prejudice 2005
My favourite Jane Austen adaptation which makes me cry every time.
Also made me LOVE Keira Knightley.

Sense and Sensibility 1995
My second favourite Jane Austen adaptaion, a magnificent film by the brilliant Ang Lee.
Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Alan maddafacka Rickman and Hugh Grant (unlike him in other movies I love him in here) comes together so beautifully in this all star cast movie.

Wuthering Heights 2009
Woow, that was my first reaction when I saw this AMAZING adaptation from the genius Bronte novel.
Tom Hardy became so fast one of my new favorurite actors after playing Heathcliff so insanely brilliant.

Camille 1936
Greta Garbo, the biggest Swedish pride plays Camille with such depth that you believe she IS Camille. After seeing this movie, which was my first Garbo film, you really realise why she became a star.

Much ado About Nothing 1989
Kenneth Branagh is one of my big heroes and it started with this movie. also my love for Shakespeare's stories. Love, deception, betrayal..yes it got everything. and a kicking soundtrack!

Emma 1996
Gwyneth Paltrow plays Emma in this third Austen film on my list.
It is a wonderful fun and romantic movie I've seen so many times

The Mark of Zorro 1940
This one is one of my all time favourite adventure movies.
Tyrone Power as the charming and dashing Zorro and the best part is fantasic Basil Rathbone as the villain.

Inga kommentarer: