måndag 3 maj 2010

My journey from Mint to Marzipan

Oh my I want to tell you all about my jorney from a lifetime of hating Marsipan to loving it. And it all happened in a few weeks.

OK. I have since I was a kid, L O V E D all kinds of mint candy, my big favorites are
After Eight (ofc) and Junior Mints.
That we don't have in Sweden. So After 8 has always been my big love. But, It's very expensive so when I found That Ritter had a chocolate bar that was dark
chocolate and mint I was in heaven! I bought like one bar a day.
Then the store that's closest to me stopped having it! I was devestated, I just want to add to this story that I am a VERY picky eater so when I find something I like I eat that and ONLY that, forever. So my choclate needs were have to be filled. So the only chocolate bar I found I could eat (adding to the boundries of what I can and will eat, I'm allergic to milk so dark chocolate is the only thing I can eat.) war Ritter Marzipan.. And I HATE Marzipan, since I was a kid. never ate it after that.
So, now I was at home with this stupid Marzipan chocolate and I ate it, At first I was like...yuuck! but after a couple of pieces (yes, I continued) I was surprised it wasn't more diguisting.
So I started buing that one since my minty one was M.I.A.
And all of a sudden I found in a different store the minty ones! BUT...at that time I was more desire for the marzipan Ritter.. So I was hooked.
And then...one day in april. My store stopped selling that one TOO!
and again I was lost.. and since I don't like anything and can't eat anything but I needed Something, and marzipan was on my mind..I searched. And found, since easter was just over, easter candy on sale.. and there I saw them.. Anthon Bergs Marzipan Eggs. I was like YUCK. I have always hated marxipan eggs..but my craving told me different and I bought them. I got home.. I talked to my roomie who Also hates marzipan so she understood my confusion about theese new feelings about it.
I started on an egg...And... I ... was... in...heaven! amongst the most satisfactory piece of candy I have ever tasted.
So now.. I have a new love. Marzipan.
The ironic thing about this journey is that Anthon Berg is amongst the most expensive chocolate in a store.. so I'm actually spending more money on these wonderful eggs than I ever did on After Eight.
True Story!

Inga kommentarer: