tisdag 1 mars 2011

83.

The Oscars. Every year I look forward to it for months and watch the movies and do some careful speculations on who I think will win and who I want to win. This year I am very happy! I guessed right on 9 of the biggest categories, woh! The best thing was that King's Speech won best film and best Actor. No one deserved it more this year than Colin Firth who happens to be one of my all time favourite actors and I cried a little bit when he won.. His performance in the King's Speech was unbelievable, really one of the best performances I've ever seen.
So, biggest Oscar snubbs.
-That Ryan Gosling didn't get a nomination for his part in Blue Valentine
-That Andrew Garfield din't get a nomination for his part in Social Network
-That Christopher didn't get a nomination for Direction for Inception (scandal)
-Never let me Go didn't get any nominations at all
-That Christopher Nolan didn't win for original script for Inception
-That Hans Zimmer didn't win for his original score to Inception

Franco and Hathaway as presenters were quite boring, they're more suited for acting I guess.
A lot of great things happened during the show and The Peaks for me were
-Kirk Douglas.. when he came out as a presenter I cried.. he's one of my big heroes.
-Luke Matheny's acceptance speech, so charming I could die.
-Randy Newman's acceptance speech, funny and o grounded. loved it!
-Billy Crystal, still one of the funniest people alive
-The Star Wars intro music.. chills

the conclusion was that it was a great show and as said, Colin Firth, what an actor! he takes my breath away


Inga kommentarer: