onsdag 9 mars 2011

Laughton

Ok, I've been raving about this on facebook but I just have to scream it off a little bit more..
One of the big perks of living in London is the cinema, not just any cinema. The one where you can watch old classic movies on the big screen, Aka a life long dream of mine. I know it's not a genuine reason to move to London but for me it is one of the big bonuses and attractions of living here. Since I moved here I've seen John Fords Red River, Truffauts Jules et Jim and Hughes The Outlaw and I can't describe it more than it's frakking heaven for me.
And NOW today I saw they were showing one of my all time big favourite movies Charles Laughtons the Night of the Hunter. An AMAZING film, so ahead of it's time it's ridiculous.
When it first came out in 1955 it was not well received, in fact the Director, the Great actor Charles Laughton, Of which this was his directorial debut, was so offended by the reviews he swore to never direct a film again, and he never did. And I can believe it wasn't popular when it first came, the lighting, the filming, the acting, the story and the dialog All where so ahead of it's time that I believe the audience just didn't understand it or wasn't used to it. Now the movie is considered a classic and I for one Adores it and it's on my prestigious top 10 list of my all time favourite movies.
And Robert Mitchum, you are for me a god and can do nothing bad.

Inga kommentarer: