lördag 23 oktober 2010

Robert, never liked that name. But recently I discovered 3 of my favorite actors are named Robert

Robert Mitchum. 1917-1997
By far.. BY FAR my favorite actor of ALL TIME. ever since I first saw him in a movie he has bewitched me. I have read his biography and he was a classic bad boy :) of course..
he got arrested, had numerous affairs, smoked pot, drank and got into fist fights.
But everything he does on screen is Pure Magic. And everyone who has seen him in something and knows film, knows this. My favorite movies with him are, Night of the Hunter, Cape Fear and Out of the past. One of the few actors that could make a really bad movie worth seeing. According to his biography he never rehersed before shooting, he always drank before but the second the cameras started rolling he always got everything PERFECT. almost never needed a second take, That is how great he was. For me he is almost like a genius, I believe everything he acted, And he takes it even further.. he had such charisma and he really spellbound me when I watch his movies, and that is really rare.

Robert Shaw. 1927-1978
As the man over him, he is by far one of the coolest actors ever lived. And also like Mitchum he made me believe everything he acted in. Everyone remembers his as Quint in Jaws, and so do I. BUT for me he is just as much Doyle Lonnegan in The Sting, which happens to be one of my favorite movies as well.
His eyes is for me his biggest assets, he can portray so much through them and really keep you locked on him. ( me anyway ) When I find an actor I really love like him and Mitchum I always want to read their biographies. But I have looked everywhere and have not found anything about my awesome Shaw, So one of my dreams.. if I ever get that good at writing, is to write a big updated biography about him. He deserves it so much more than a lot of people who has their own books out there. He died when he was only 51. way too young.. he had without a doubt So much more brilliance on film to give.


Robert Walker. 1918-1951
This man I discovered a few years ago in a Hitchcock movie called Strangers on a train. He played the villain and a psychopath and he played it so good that I don't think that anyone who has ever seen it will ever forget him. I wont anyway.. He was like Mitchum a drinker but he wasn't a bad boy.. he was more troubled and drank for that reason. His wife, another actress left him for a hot shot ultra famous producer and that broke him. He was, like James Dean and Motgomery Clift, meant to do so much more amazing acting before his untimely death.. because you can tell, just like the fellows over him here, that he was so much more than just an actor. He was an artist in it's full sense..he could just as the other two Roberts spellbound just about anyone in his acting. He was 32 years old when he, drunk took some medicine to calm himself down from an agitated state, and then suffered from a allergic reaction and died. Too young, too soon.

Inga kommentarer: