tisdag 28 september 2010

A Day May Sink or Save a Realm

Otto Preminger. A genius film maker, and I don't think any of my friends know who this is.

So my top 3 of favorite Preminger films.


Angel Face, 1952

Robert Mitchum.. My no 1 fav actor of all time. Ever since I saw my first Mitchum movie

Out of the Past I have adored everything with him. there's No one that can capture every part so perfect as him, no one who can make it seems so effortless and no one that can keep me that spellbound. And he is no different in this movie.. A poor man gets drawn in to a rich family by the spoiled daughter that does everything to get what she wants. And when he starts to realise this and tries to get out, things happen.

Oh my what an ENDING.. I was blown away. let me tell you! Noir in its best sense.


Laura, 1944


I saw this movie a long time ago and still I remember what a feeling I got afterwards. One of these movies you just can't get out of your head after you've seen it. Have Gene Tiernys biography and apparently she was very troubled and sometimes that unfortunately makes some acting more real or the suffering or pain feels more real. That she is really good at. The best actors were often troubled or had pain in the private life.

Anatomy of a murder, 1959

James maddafacka Stewart, yes. what a hero. He is one of the most famous actors of all time but still None of my friends or 2 I know for sure knows who he is and seen a movie he's starred in. He is one of the best for a reason. In this movie he plays a small town lawyer who gets to defend a man who presumably has raped his wife and killed her lover. But after no sign of rape and questionable statements from the wife Stewart tries to find a witness that can save the man. A great movie, you can really sense the matuarity in the movie and the fact that it's made in the late fifties. For me that's the biggest difference between movies in the 40's and early 50's to movies in the middle of the 50's to early 60's. The mood, the music, the filming and the enviroment. and even the acting. more mature, more serious and darker.. love it.

Inga kommentarer: