tisdag 2 november 2010

A Four Dollar Room

At one time I was a kid.
I had long orange hair and some called me a pumpkin,
I only watched movies from the 40's and 50's and adored the old movie stars,
I dreamt of living in the Jane Austens romantic Victorian era in England, and loved books and series about that time
I collected comic books and read everything I could find,
I ate pancakes like others eat bread,
I listened exclusivly to Irish music and I knew that I would one day live and die in Ireland,
I discovered Terry Pratchetts magical world and was thrown in to fantasy literature,
I played chess in my chess club and was bullied for it,
I only hung out with nerds and we spent every weekend with Goldeneye, Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart,
I loved Sci-Fi movies and series and space was the most amazing place,
I cried everytime I saw an old man in a beard having trouble or was sad,
I Loved my grandmother Naima like a mother,
I knew that I one day would live abroad and have the time of my life.

Not much has changed, I have always known who I am.

Inga kommentarer: