fredag 2 juli 2010

Deckster

I know I'm about 5 seasons after the Dexter phenomena but I am finally on board! and I'm loving it..
As it happens I just read a book that reminded me of Dexters personality alot, Graham Greenes classic Brighton Rock from 1938.
The main character Pinkie is a seventeen year old boy who after his boss gets killed takes over the mob and faces the harsch reality in the gangster world. The thing that connect Dexter and Pinkie is very distinct, the lack of emotions and the intimacy problems, neither Dexter nor Pinkie can be with a woman and do everything to avoid it. Dexter finally do it with his girlsfriend and Pinkie to but only because this girl is a witness and he marries her for the law that says that a wife can't testify against her own husband. So Dexter and pinkie have big differences to, Pinkie is vicious, confused and paranoid and Dexter is not. But still interesteing that I read that book at the same time I started watching Dexter and that scene where Dexter in his mind explains why he can't get close to a woman is almost the same as the scene with pinkie.
Anyhow...it's a really great book! read it!
Coming as a movie in fall to, Helen Mirren are playing a part so I have high hopes! and I really hope they make pinkie as disturb he is in the book.. he has no feelings whatsoever for that girl and find her annoying and pathetic, he is sometimes even disgusted of her. Graham Greene, what a writer!





Now it's time to start reading a book I've been waiting to read a loooong time.


Stephen King here I come!

Inga kommentarer: