måndag 8 februari 2010

Caoineadh Cú Chulainn

Cúchulainn the son of Lugh, the great hero from Ulster.

Today I have spent the better day in front of the tv..
I have seen
4 episodes of Smallville
1 episode of Sons of Anarchy
3 episodes of Perry Mason
1 episode of Tales from the crypt
1 episode of Star Trek the Next Generation
I feel I have a wisdome tooth on the way, I blame my TVseries day on that.

I have read quite alot today to, as I always do. A lot of articles from around the world, and I got caught in the Taylor Swift debate.. my god. I have heard half a song from her, since she is not very big in Sweden.. and her music is so far from my taste as it goes. She seems very nice a person though. But hell.. a LITTLE overrated I must say.
The most interesting literature I've read today is about Celtic mythology which is always intriguing.
One of the things was about Dagda who's a god in Celtic mythology and are known as "the good god" and "the great father" and he was a leader fo the Tuatha Dé Danann. And the story of him has inspired me to a painting I'm planning on.

There are ALOT of new great things in the Vertigo Universe and I'm gonna list my Top 6.
  • Greek Street
  • The Unwritten
  • The Great Fables Crossovers
  • Northlanders
  • Demo
  • Sweet Tooth

These are (for me) new and I am so excited to start reading! Vertigo happens to be one of the greatest in comicbooks and the list of brilliance that have been spitting out from them are endless. Some of my alltime Vertigo favorites though, are:

  • Hellblazer
  • Fables
  • Saga of the Swamp Thing
  • Preacher
  • Sandman (ofcorse)
  • House of Mystery
  • Transmetropolitan
  • Y: The last man alive
  • Death

Yeah. Vertigo Rules. But with B.P.R.D and Solomon Kane DArk Horse Comics aren't far behind. Neither are Wildstorm with Ex Machina and The Victorian Undead. And DC will always be number 1 because of....everything they ever done! (plus that they own wildstorm and vertigo) ok! I am a comic book nerd.

Time to sleep.

Inga kommentarer: