onsdag 3 februari 2010

On Raglan Road on a autumn day.

There's an artist whom I love, Louis le Brocquy,

and he draws these amazing oil portraits of authors and other artists.
And authors are the thing that got me stuck on him, he had made portraits of 2 of my favorite Irish authors!
W.B. Yeats, James Joyce and also Samuel Beckett (whom I like but have not read so much from)

And this portrait here is of James Joyce that happens to be a huge literary idol of mine.
Dubliners is one of his most known works, it's a book filled with wonderful short stories out of Dublin

and if you have ever been to Dublin or Ireland you can really recognize
everything he describes about the town of his heart.




The weeks go by so fast, even though I haven't worked for 5 years, I have been on sick leave since my first back surgery in 2005.
I have had alot of people who said they've been jealous of me cause I'm always "free" from work and what not, and sure I can sleep in and do whatever I want all day but try doing that with excruciating pain 24hours a day. And I'm trying to do as much of what I love in my free time, like draw and read.
i even learned how to make cookies :)







I just finished drawing a picture that I'm going to make a series of,

fairy faux pas.








Inga kommentarer: